A Dress to Dye For

Tuesday, July 2, 2013


If you follow Bella Caiden on Facebook then you might have already seen this photo!!! 
Woohoo!!! I mentioned that in this photo was my latest DIY project and of course everyone guessed the shirt/dress!!! and YOU WERE RIGHT!!! although technically if you guessed that I waxed my stache you would have been MORE RIGHT:) lol! You can see in the pic it is still a little pink. haha


Anyways, I got this super cute dress from Old Navy in the clearance section for just a few bucks!!  It is to DIE for isn't it??? Ok well maybe not to die for, but definitely to dye for!!! LOL I crack myself up! 

I am not much of a shorts wearer so in the summer I tend to wear a lot of summer dresses! I am no size 2 and have some super pale skin so I'm not always the easiest gal to dress. I don't really like to wear all white because I swear it makes these pastey legs look even more pale. LOL but this dress was just too good of a deal to pass up so I decided to get it and give dying it a try!!! 


So I bought 2 boxes of RIT powder dye in Navy Blue and got to work. I followed the directions from the back of the box..... with some help of my little man! 


and this is how it turned out! What do you think???


I think it looks more purple then navy blue but I LOVE IT!!! 
and the contrast between the thread and the fabric looks awesome! 
...if I do say so myself;)


Plus purple just happens to be this little ladies FAVORITE COLOR!!!! 
So she LOVED IT!!! 


Please ignore my dirty feet!!! We are country people... I never wear shoes:) LOL 

I have to admit I might have a new obsession with dying things!!! 
I have a few other white dresses and tops that could really use some happy colors!!
Don't worry I will keep you all posted along the way!  :)

XOXO











share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
5 Comments »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 2, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Pin It!

5 Responses to “A Dress to Dye For”

  1. I L-O-V-E it and live the contrast of the thread too!
    Love that you added too;)
    I'm "dying" to see what's next! Bwahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Love the contrast of the thread & the belt you added.
      Fresh, these gadgets make you think I can't spell:(

      Delete
  2. I love the contrast with the stitching too!
    It never fails- when I wear white I always get food or something on it anyway. :p
    I'll have to keep my eyes open for cute clothes that I can dye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT! Good choice dying it! It was cute to start, but now it's fabulous! I love purple! (even though it was supposed to be blue) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Stopping by from the 'On Display Link Party' - I've not tried dying any clothing yet, but your dress turned out so nice I might be inspired to try! :)
    Happy Tuesday!
    Ang, Juggling Act Mama

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover