Remember a while back when I showed you Bella's super cute new bed?
I have been itching to get started on a complete overhaul of Bella's bedroom, but as in typical Shannon style... I first needed to come up with a plan and of course make a list (or 2 or 3) before I could get started!
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE all these cute little girly rooms with the soft colors scheme and all the sweet little girl accessories! Only problem... This is NOT Bella's style... AT ALL!!!!!
Don't get me wrong...
She is definitely a girly girl, but not the soft sweet delicate kind.
More like the dress and heel wearing, kick your a** type of girly.
Don't get me wrong, she is sweet and loving, creative, and smart, confident,
and has a very unique and crazy style that is all her own.
She refuses to wear pants... dresses ONLY and the more poof the better and the more wild and crazy the color and pattern the more she will LOVE it!! She is a tough little girl, with an older brother and an older cousin (also a boy) she has learned to hold her own and
I want her bedroom to reflect her spunk and her personality!
(Seriously... she is in a pool tube, in the grass, in the middle of the summer
with a snow hat on... do you see what I'm saying now)
I want her room to be fun and colorful but also sophisticated and a nice space she can grow up in.
Here are some super cute more colorful and fun rooms I am drooling over!
Bella's Room To-do List:
1. paint the walls- she wants purple (her all time FAVORITE color... we will see)
2. new bedding- she has a trundle bed so we will need to pretty up the bottom mattress too
3. window treatments- I'm thinking blinds and curtain panels...she is an early riser so the longer we keep the sun out, the better!
4. closet overhaul- it's tiny, so we need to make the space work better for us, especially since she doesn't have a dresser... just the 3 drawers under the bed
5. bookcase- we have an old one that was my great-grandma's that I would love to give some new life to
6. Decor Decor Decor- All the fun stuff:) my head is spinning with the possibilities:)
7. Hardware- those white drawer knobs on the bed have got to go! Hopefully something with a pop of color or patter will replace them:)
I definitely have my own vision for Bella's room but she is so creative and I really want to get her as involved in the choices as possible... even if she is only 4 years old:) I can't wait to show you all everything I have planned and I promise to keep you posted every step of the way!
share this on::