Green with Envy!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

envy:     a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused
by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck.
Envy can be a wicked thing. It can change your entire mood in a split second. It can take something that once made you the happiest you have been and make it seem like nothing. We all experience envy throughout our lives. When you feel envious or jealous of another person, it is your choice and yours alone to allow yourself to be consumed by the misery that it brings.

I am getting better with this the older I get. Instead of being jealous of what others have I try to focus on the things that I have and to be grateful for those things. I used to want a nicer car, a bigger house, more expensive clothes, to be thinner, bigger perkier boobs:), etc. but when that feeling comes over me... I think about all the amazing things I have already and thank God for them since there are people who have far less.

Now when I think "I wish we had a BIG house like that", I remind myself there are people who don't have a home. Instead of being grumpy about it, I focus that attention on making my house the best house it can be. When I think that I wish I had a "nicer car", I remind myself how much harder life would be if I had a car payment. Perkier boobs, I just remind myself of my two beautiful babies that made them this way:) LOL  Too much information- Sorry it's the truth:)

There are endless reasons to be jealous of other people. You may be envious of someone for something while that same person is envious of you for another reason. The older I get and the older my children get, I am reminded to teach them to be happy for the things they have. I want them to grow up, to work hard, and to thank the Lord for everything they have and everything they earn.

Sorry for the random post... Just a friendly reminder to myself to be thankful for my amazing life... hopefully it was a good reminder for you too:)

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 13, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Pin It!

Leave a Reply

 
Pin It button on image hover