Sneak Peek- Stained Photo Boxes

Monday, April 30, 2012

Right now I am in the process of turning an unused basement closet into a beautiful craft space for myself. I am so excited to show you all what I have done, but since it's not quite finished you will just have to wait a little longer:) For this project I was on a VERY tight budget, like $0. So when I saw that Michael's had there photo boxes on sales 6 for $10 I knew I had to go get some. Unfortunately there weren't many styles to choose from so this is what I came home with.  


While I'm not totally in love with what I have, it matches the color scheme I was going for, so I just couldn't pass on them. I'm not really sure what I was hoping for, but I wasn't loving the cardboard looking ones, so I figured why not darken them up with a little stain.


 So that's what I did. I pulled out the Minwax and two coats later, I was in love! Well maybe not LOVE, but deeply in LIKE:) I just used a paper towel and moved in a circular motion over the box until the entire thing was covered. Once that was dry I moved on to a second coat.



The box on the left has only one coat of stain while the box on the right has a second coat. I was a little nervous about how the boxes would take the stain since they are not wood, but I am definitely happy with the outcome.


I can't wait to show you what they look like in the finished closet... Stay Tuned:)


share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
Add a comment »

This entry was posted on Monday, April 30, 2012 and is filed under ,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Pin It!

Leave a Reply

 
Pin It button on image hover