Happy Birthday Jonathon!!!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

At this very moment, 5 years ago today, I was sitting in my bathtub in our 2 bedroom apartment scared out of my mind. Turning from side to side, from my belly to my back, up to my knees, turning all hot water on and off desperately trying to keep the porcelain tub from making the water get cold and desperately trying to make the pain stop all while trying to be as quiet as possible so I didn't wake my husband who had to be at work at 5am the next morning. This went on for hours and hours all through the night until I finally heard the alarm going off in the bedroom. I walked into the room and I'm certain he knew it was time. These were not false labor pains like all the rest.



I remember walking down the two flights of stairs in our crummy apartment building and across the parking lot. It was cold and snowing heavily. I can still remember climbing up into the truck and heading off on our 20 minute drive to the hospital. The roads were icy and I was in so much pain. It was a quiet ride there; I don't know if it was the snow, the fact that it was so early in the morning that there were no other cars on the road, or the sheer terror that we were both feeling. I remember getting to the hospital and walking in. It was dark and quiet, not much going on. I got checked in and all set up in my room. The midwife came in and told me the news. By this point I was already 4 centimeters.


I have to admit, I don't remember all the details of my labor. It was all so surreal, but after 28 hours of pain- physical, mental, and emotional- I had myself the most beautiful baby I had ever seen and it was not until that moment that I realized the magnitude of what I had done. Every little detail about him was perfect and a miracle. Everything about me as a person changed in the minutes following his arrival. Bringing him into the world made me the person that I am today and it is an honor to have the privileged to mold him into the man that he will someday become.

Jonathon Caiden Boozer- He was the most precious baby you could ever imagine and tomorrow that little man will be 5 years old. I am so proud of the amazing young boy that he is today. Jonathon is special. He is funny, and smart. He is kind beyond compare. He is handsome, athletic, competitive, and strong. He is comforting, caring, and the most amazing cuddler you could ask for. He has a heart bigger then most and a temper to match. He is confident, yet shy and sometimes insecure. He is a remarkable big brother and someday I am sure he will be the greatest husband and father that anyone could ask for.



To say that Jonathon is a miracle is an understatement. I often wonder where my life would be without him. What paths I would have taken? Before having him, I was young, confused about everything, lost in my own world, and unsure what my purpose was. Becoming a mom gave me hope, love, strength, and the purpose that I was searching for. Jonathon was truly a gift from God and I owe him my world. I will spend the rest of my life making sure that he knows how loved he is and how truly blessed I am to call him my son!

Happy Birthday Jonny!!!! Love you  <3

share this on::
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Digg
1 Comment »

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Pin It!

One Response to “Happy Birthday Jonathon!!!!”

  1. Aww, so cute! He is such a sweetheart! Tell him I said, "Happy Birthday!"

    ReplyDelete

 
Pin It button on image hover